Community engagement Summer VISTA
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise seeks an outstanding individual to provide one summer of service through Americorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). CNE is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to create economically-diverse neighborhoods filled with financially empowered citizens and housing for all. Through that mission, CNE provides resources and opportunities to low-income families and communities. Our AmeriCorps VISTAs will function as a core part of our staff devoted to bringing low-income individuals and communities out of poverty.
The VISTA will conduct activities such as surveying residents about community needs, and compiling the information into a usable report. The VISTA will connect closely with other staff and volunteers to stabilize communities and build personal and community assets in low- and moderate-income communities.
This position requires a commitment to serve as a full-time employee for a eight (8) week period beginning Monday, June 12, 2017. Compensation is paid directly to VISTA Summer Associates in the form of a small monthly living allowance from AmeriCorp VISTA. At the end of the term of service, an education award or cash stipend may be provided. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA, click here.
Training and Qualifications
- U.S. Citizen at least 18 years of age
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant non-profit or community development experience
- Computer skills required (MS Office products proficiency helpful)
- Other language skills a plus
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and follow-through
- Maintains regular and timely attendance
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Applications will be accepted until Monday, May 22, 2017 or until the job is filled.
For more information, contact Jennifer Holder at email@example.com.