financial literacy americorps VISTA
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise seeks an outstanding individual to provide one year of service through AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). CNE is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to create economically-diverse neighborhoods filled with financially empowered citizens and housing for all. Through that mission, CNE provides resources and opportunities to low-income families and communities. Our AmeriCorps VISTAs will function as a core part of our staff devoted to bringing low-income individuals and communities out of poverty.
The AmeriCorps VISTA will help CNE to create a payday lending alternative in Chattanooga, create a continuum of financial literacy education and expand the Money School program. CNE currently offers a one-day Money School event, focusing on all things financial literacy. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will coordinate efforts between all current financial literacy nonprofits and for-profit organizations to create a resource map, marketing plan and a council of volunteers to move initiatives forward. The VISTA member will also expand the Money School program to become year round by researching and creating a plan to implement. Finally, the VISTA member will research and help to create a business plan for a payday lending alternative in Chattanooga through working with existing services out of other states.
This position requires a commitment to serve as a full-time employee for one (1) year period starting on August 28, 2017. Compensation is paid directly to VISTA Summer Associates in the form of a small monthly living allowance from AmeriCorp VISTA. At the end of the term of service, an education award or cash stipend may be provided. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA, see here.
Training and Qualifications
- U.S. Citizen at least 18 years of age
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant non-profit or community development experience
- Computer skills required (MS Office products proficiency helpful)
- Other language skills a plus
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and follow-through
- Maintains regular and timely attendance
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Applications accepted until July 28, 2017.
For more information, contact Jennifer Holder at email@example.com.