Our homeownership counselors are experts in foreclosure prevention and are trained to design a plan of action just for you.
Our Homeownership Center offers a full range of counseling services to assist families to avoid foreclosure and sustain their homeownership. CNE’s staff has over 70 years of mortgage lending experience and as members of NeighborWorks® America, we have highly skilled counselors ready to work with families to help find options to resolve their situation. Our numerous foreclosure prevention programs can help guide you to achieve the dream of sustainable homeownership!
The PRRPLE program will lower your monthly payments to become more affordable if you're eligible! The program offers (1) a reduction in the principal balance of your first mortgage loan, combined with a loan recast, modification or refinance, or (2) a principal reduction which results in a full lien extinguishment.
This program is available to qualifying homeowners who are facing a financial hardship, through no fault of their own, which resulted in a loss of income due to the death of a spouse, divorce, or underemployment.
The goal of the program is to reduce delinquencies and foreclosures by lowering mortgage payments to affordable levels for homeowners who have encountered a financial burden due to an eligible hardship, including but not limited to homeowners who are living on social security, long-term disability or other fixed income source.
TYPES OF ASSISTANCE OFFERED THROUGH PRRPLE:
- PRRPLE will pay down the principal balance of a qualified homeowner, along with any arrearage of the first mortgage loan, not to exceed $40,000, and the Servicer will be required to recast, modify, or refinance the existing first mortgage loan to deliver a more affordable payment to the homeowner. The new affordable payment must result in a PITI payment < 35% of the household income.
- Qualified homeowners who live on a fixed income may apply for the PRRPLE lien extinguishment program. PRRPLE will pay off the principal balance along with any arrearage of the first mortgage loan, not to exceed $40,000 and Servicer will be required to release the lien upon receipt of payoff.
- Be a resident of Tennessee and occupy the subject property.
- Have a loss of income due to an eligible hardship (underemployment, death of spouse, or divorce) that occurred after January 2010)
- Principal Balance not to exceed $275,000 for Principal Reduction
- Principal Balance and past due amount not to exceed $40,000 for Lien Extinguishment
- Household income not to exceed $95,900
- PITI Must be greater than 35% of the household income.
- Previously received Hardest Hit Funds (HFF)
- Active Bankruptcy
- Delinquent subordinate mortgage
Additional eligibility requirements and exclusions may apply.
To sign up for PRRPLE, apply through the THDA website by clicking here. If you have any issues, call (855) 890-8073 or email email@example.com.
TYPES OF HELP
This temporarily reduces or suspends your payments to help you if you’ve lost income. If you qualify, you will have a payment plan to make up the payments you missed.
If you are not behind on your mortgage, you may qualify for a refinance. It is essentially qualifying for another loan. A refinance will reduce the interest rate and extend the number of years you have to pay off the loan.
You may be eligible and qualify for other assistance programs. CNE can help you every step of the way to figure out which option is best for you.
To start the process, call us at 423.756.6201 or fill out the form below. You will be transferred to a foreclosure prevention counselor who will explain the process to you. You will then be asked to fill out an application and be scheduled for an in person one-on-one appointment. From there, CNE will act as a third party counselor to help you work with your service to find a reasonable solution to your foreclosure crisis.
Beware of any agency who charges a fee for foreclosure prevention services.
If you feel you have been a victim of a modification scam, please take action immediately. Go to www.preventloanscams.org.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below, and someone will be in touch shortly.